Rural Welfare Institute (Gramya Kalyan Samstha) locally known as RWI is established on12th May 1979 at an interrior village Hansapara of Nimapara block in Puri district having 30 members from different villages. During this period RWI has expanded its social services to different blocks and districts in Orissa. Basically, RWI is working in the areas of Social & Financial inclusion, Institutional promotion, Just Governance, Women & Child development, Disaster Management, Sanitation promotion, Environment development, Tuberculosis control program, Micro Insurance, Awareness Generation and handicraft promotion.
RWI is registered under Indian Societies Registration Act. 1860 and the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act. 1976. It is also registered under 12 (A) of Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Registered under Indian Societies Registration Act. 1860.
PR No.1292/85 of 1983-1984, Dt.03/03/1984
- Foreign Contribution Regulation Act. 1976. 105020029, Dt.21/01/1986
- Registered under 12 (A) of Income Tax Act, 1961.No.15/12A/93-94 dated
6th March 1993.
- PAN, No. AAAAR1805R .
- TAN No.BBN 01744 B.
Socio-economic empowerment of the down trodden people in Odisha.
To enable the vulnerable families in Odisha to have sustainable self employment opportunity as well as to maintain self dignity in the society by 2020.
- To organize & aware the community to access their rights and entitlements.
- To provide opportunity to the unemployed youth for multi-dimensional capacity building.
- To address on various social issues and liaison with govt., non-govt. departments, financial institutions etc. .
- To deal with emergencies through community based organizations of vulnerable area.
Basically RWI depends upon the community before implementation of any programme. It adopts study, training & development at different level, to fulfill the need and objective of the programme. It facilitates issue based programme at grass root level by engaging volunteers of the locality. Also it emphasizes on concept clarity and maintains transparency in the community by people’s organization and Community Based Organizations. High level management information system (MIS) is adopted for fast transfer of information, knowledge and skill from the organization to the grass root level as well as to other govt. & non-govt. institutions and vise-versa. This together, helps cumulatively to come closer to the beneficiary, identify their problems and build their capacity to search suitable solutions. Strategically, it positions itself to encourage people in taking decisions to their own affairs including their own organization and institutions.